Friday, October 24, 2008

Signatures and pulses.

This was in the signature of an e-mail I received today at work:

"The contents of this e-mail message may be privileged and confidential. Therefore, if this message has been received in error, please delete it without reading it. Your receipt of this message is not intended to waive any applicable privilege. Please do not disseminate this message without the permission of the author."

That seems silly, especially because it was at the bottom of the e-mail, in small type, in the same color as the rest of the e-mail. Essentially unremarkable in any way. There is nothing about the message that would draw your eye to it without first reading the body of the e-mail. How is this supposed to be effective? By the time I read it, I will have already gone through the entire e-mail, and I'll be damned if you think you're going to get me to forget what the e-mail said by using some sort of neural disruptor or pulse emanating from the screen in a steady stream of blinking, multi-colored lights... green... blue... green... blue... green... ooh yellow...

What was I saying? Oh yeah, bacon!

No comments: